We offer a range of Excel analytical workbook development services, including the Business Intelligence tools in appropriate versions of Excel. The analytical tools allow for the ongoing and routine analysis of performance and financial data for distribution to management, boards, clients and suppliers. The derived results can be presented in reports that enable dynamic selection and drill-down, dashboards and charts with the data shareable via online tools or distributed via email.
These services include the building of reporting workbooks and dashboards using:
- native Excel reporting features and formulas;
- Business Intelligence tools in Excel 2013 and 2016 for Windows and Office 365 - where included in subscription level; and
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) code to automate procedures.
Features of our analytical reports and dashboards include:
- simplified data storage and retrieval;
- integration with ERP systems and corporate data stores, web-based data sources, IRESS and Bloomberg;
- use of VBA or macro-driven data acquisition process to simplify data retrieval and transformation;
- use of Business Intelligence tools, including Power Query, PowerPivot, Power View & 3D Maps in versions after Excel 2010;
- in later versions using BI tools in Excel, tapping the Power Query functionality to import and transform data and PowerPivot to analyse and summarise data;
- user-driven dynamic selection of data to enable drill-down in reporting;
- use of tables, slicers, timelines, PivotTables and PowerPivot, as appropriate to the client-installed Excel versions;
- summary reports and / or dashboards for comparison of and reporting on results;
- development of customised styling to match corporate livery and style guide;
- full documentation, including structure, rules and step-by-step instructions for routine tasks and procedures;
- designed to be end-user maintainable, with tables to allow easy ongoing configuration by users covering segregation, import and transformation.