Clarkson ITT provides a wide range of development services based around Microsoft Office applications, Visual Basic for Applications and Visual Studio. We can assist with a range of development projects designed to improve the robustness and speed of routine processes. This frees up time that is currently involved in gathering and preparing data so that the freed-up time can be used for analysis and review. Typically the pay-back period on the cost of these projects is measured only in weeks.
We can provide the following types of solutions and add-ins, compatible with all versions of Office since 2010 on Windows and Office 2011 on Macintosh. COM add-ins are only compatible with Windows operating systems. All of our applications come with documentation which explains installation, compatibility, and documents the tools provided on the ribbon or with embedded controls.
- standardised templates for deployment in workgroups and across enterprises;
- Excel-based applications involving more advanced programming to automate regular analytical, forecasting, budgeting and reporting processes;
- Excel-based applications that integrate Excel with Outlook, Gmail, Word or PowerPoint to automate reporting and distribution of information;
- Excel-based applications that integrate Excel with back-end data sources to automate the extraction and updating of management and financial data; and
- Excel-based applications that integrate Excel with online data sources, such as Bloomberg and IRESS.
- Excel-based xlam add-ins (Windows & Mac);
- COM add-ins (Windows only);
- add-ins that deploy added functionality for Excel, including tools and custom functions;
- add-ins that integrate Excel with Outlook, Gmail, Word or PowerPoint to automate reporting and distribution of information;
- add-ins that integrate Excel with back-end data sources to automate the extraction and updating of management and financial data; and
- add-ins that integrate Excel with online data sources, such as Bloomberg and IRESS.
- standardised Word templates for deployment in workgroups and across enterprises;
- Word applications that automatically merge information from other Office applications; and
- Word applications that automatically retrieve and merge data from online and enterprise data sources.
Cross Application Integration
- Excel and Outlook, to automate workflow and data collection;
- Excel and Word, to automate the distribution of client and internal reports;
- Excel and PowerPoint, to automate the updating of charts in reports, project analyses & valuation reports;
- Excel and SmartSheet to automate planning and data collection & distribution; and
- All of the above, to automate complex internal processes.
Development Tools & Languages
- Windows: Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Office 2016, Office 365;
- Macintosh: Microsoft Office 2011, Microsoft Office 2016, Office 365;
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in the above office suites;
- Visual Studio (Visual Basic principally) & Visual Studio.NET (Visual Basic principally, other languages as required);
- SQL and online data sources as required.